If you’ve ever lost a prospect to your competition even though you’ve poured your heart and soul into creating a fantastic proposal, you are not alone. In fact, your hope may not be lost as SEO is always a moving target and you can use it to your advantage. Quite often, many SEO companies will charge a competitive pricing just to keep the cash flow going regardless of what they’ve promised to deliver is possible or not. If this happens to be your competition, here are the steps you can follow to recapture the lost lead:
1) Wipe your tears right away. It’s not the end of the world. Just get even by creating a neat database of niche related keywords. If the seed keyword happens to be ‘personal injury lawyer’, use Google keyword planner or a site like mangools.com and find 100 related keyword phrases. For this example, I am going to use 10 keywords to save the writing space.
personal injury attorney
car accident lawyer
personal injury lawyers
slip and fall attorneys
personal injury claims lawyer
car accident attorney
personal injury law firm
2) If the lost prospect targets multiple cities, combine them with the keywords. Below are the combined keyword phrases using Dallas and Plano.
Dallas injury lawyer
Dallas personal injury attorney
Dallas accident lawyer
Dallas car accident lawyer
Dallas personal injury lawyers
Dallas slip and fall attorneys
Dallas accident attorney
Dallas personal injury claims lawyer
Dallas car accident attorney
Dallas personal injury law firm
Plano injury lawyer
Plano personal injury attorney
Plano accident lawyer
Plano car accident lawyer
Plano personal injury lawyers
Plano slip and fall attorneys
Plano accident attorney
Plano personal injury claims lawyer
Plano car accident attorney
Plano personal injury law firm
3) Go to SerpBook.com and create an account. I am mentioning SerpBook only because they’ve accommodated my request by adding a bulk upload format which is handy. You can, however, use any rank tracking software.
4) Create a bulk upload format by adding a domain and “:” after it. Below is the combined list.
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas injury lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas personal injury attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas accident lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas car accident lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas personal injury lawyers
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas slip and fall attorneys
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas accident attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas personal injury claims lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas car accident attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Dallas personal injury law firm
jrlawfirm.com:Plano injury lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Plano personal injury attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Plano accident lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Plano car accident lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Plano personal injury lawyers
jrlawfirm.com:Plano slip and fall attorneys
jrlawfirm.com:Plano accident attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Plano personal injury claims lawyer
jrlawfirm.com:Plano car accident attorney
jrlawfirm.com:Plano personal injury law firm
5) Store the information in an Excel spreadsheet or any other database-driven program for later access.
6) Wait about four to six months. Upload the bulk upload data and do sortby using lowest Google rankings first.
7) Remove the 1st-page rankings. Download the updated PDF rankings report and send it to the prospect. Be sure to approach them with a helpful and consultative attitude and not in a way that can make them feel like they’ve made the stupid mistake by not hiring you.
8) If the attempt fails, try again in later months. Keep in mind that people like to work with a person who cares and remembers.
Get the latest foot-in-the-door ideas for your digital marketing agency and scale. http://footinthedoor.io/
For an honest discussion about data-driven SEO, you can join my non-spammy group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SEOSignalsLab/
Join the discussion on digital marketing services sales strategies. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadStacking/
Learn to systematize your business and scale. https://www.facebook.com/groups/seocheatguides/